As part of the EIS Anti-racist Strategy 2020-2021, a series of learning activities has taken place in collaboration with the Scottish Association of Minority Ethnic Educators (SAMEE), funded by Scottish Union Learning. On this page you will find learning material developed from these sessions, including poetry from Hannah Lavery, learning videos from SAMEE, and a … Read more
- Equality Taster TrainingThe EIS is pleased to announce the launch of a new online training offer, Equality Taster Training.
- The Role of Learning RepsEIS Learning Reps, consistent with the terms of the national and local EIS constitutions, promote high-quality teacher professional learning within their authority area.
- Professor Sir Geoff Palmer ‘Learning From the Past; Looking to the Future’To celebrate Black History Month 2019 the Institute organised a lecture from Professor Sir Geoff Palmer.
- Side by side for equality: how to be an anti-racist allyThis was the second instalment of EIS webinars exploring race and racism in education and what difference we can all make to further anti-racism within our institutions and beyond. During the resurgence of the Black Lives Matter movement this summer, we saw an unprecedented level of support from across the world. Now, even as the […]
- Black Lives Matter in EducationThe EIS responded to the growing call for and commitment to anti-racist efforts in our schools, workplaces, and wider society by hosting a webinar on Tuesday September 1st, 4.30-6.30. This all-member webinar, considered the experiences of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic teachers and pupils in Scotland and discussed what difference we can all make to further […]